Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mt. Blue 10/04/09 - 10/11/09

The post season is almost here! You know what that means... Mt. Blue relays! OMG techno party! But really I am pumped for the championship races too. The guys trained right through this week not worrying too much about how they were going to feel on Friday. Coach and I definitely want us ready for KVACs, Regionals and States. (If I get some photos of the mt. Blue relays I will put them up)


Sunday October 4 - long run. went down to twin brook with Ryan to run the course a few times. Saw Lauren Fecteau and Jonathan Clement.


Monday October 5 - Track Work. 5 x 1000m with warm up and cool down runs.


Tuesday October 6 - Hard 3 mile run @ 2 minutes slower than 5k time. 6x200 on the track.

Wednesday October 7 - Rest Day. Math Meet at Cony....

Thursday October 8 - 3 miles easy


Friday October 9 - Mt. Blue relays! ran the course 3 times! (warmup and 2x racing!)

Saturday October 10 - Watched Nicole's race at St. Joes and ran about 5 ish miles while there!

Sunday October 11 - Rest day. Went down to Farmington to visit Nic. Watched Hannibal it was great. More gore than silence of the lambs but not as good.

Mt. Blue Relays - Mt. Blue Relays rocks! It is the perfect way to bring the regular season into the post season. I don't like having to run really competitive 5k's all the way until the championship races. The Mt. Blue relays is such a fun way to keep people relaxed before KVAC's. My team mates and I didn't have very clear goals coming into the race and I didn't know quite how the course was going to compare to last year. I wanted to try for 10:40. I thought it was very feasible because I ran a 11:11 last year. Either it just wasn't a good day for me or the course condition slowed me more than I thought it would because I ran 20 seconds slower than I had hoped. 11:00... At least its better than last year! I know Eben narrowly missed his goal too with a 12:03. He really wanted to get under 12:00.

Our team goal was a little more important: Beat our last year's team time. We did just that! We ran 1:06:10 last year.... This year we ran 1:03:34! I am hoping this means that we are on pace to do better in the championship meets.


The techno music during the race and in the awards area at the end was great. I saw the mosh pit by the speakers at the end but I unfortunately didn't get to be a part of it. I was, however, in the big dance group inside after dinner. That was awesome! No one could move though. We were all packed pretty tight. Fun meet! OH AND WAY TO GO MT. ARARAT CUP STACKER!

Up Next week. KVAC Championships at UMA. Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment